Top Header Ad

Four teenagers charged after drive-by shooting of Matt Utai

New South Wales Police has charged four teenagers over the drive-by shooting of former NRL player Matt Utai and the alleged arson attacks targeting his family in Sydney.

Utai sustained gunshot wounds to his leg and shoulder during a drive-by shooting in Sydney suburb Greenacre on Tuesday.

A 16-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man have both been charged with “accessory after the fact to shoot at with intent to murder”.

A 18-year-old and another 19-year-old have both been charged with damaging property by fire, while the latter was also charged with supplying prohibited drugs.

Utai, 44, remains in a serious condition after undergoing surgery for his injuries.

Police said the shots had been fired from a white SUV, which was later found burned out in nearby Wiley Park.

On Wednesday, police attended a further incident after shots were fired at a house in St Clair. A woman in her 50s was at home but was not injured.

A short time after they found a car on fire in Colyton and later the same day a house and vehicle were found ablaze in Guildford West.

New South Wales Police department said a task force was assembled to investigate the incidents – all of which are believed to have been targeting the same family.

Crédito: Link de origem

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.