Top Header Ad

Over 1,800 refugees among 84,000 candidates sitting for P.8 final exams

JUBA – At least 1,842 refugee candidates are among the more than 84,000 pupils sitting for this year’s Certificate of Primary Education (CPE) examination. The Secretary General of the Examination Council, Dr Athian Athian Bak, announced this on Monday as the CPE exams officially commenced.

“There are 1,842 refugee candidates this year. Most of them are Sudanese in the Maban and Ruweng Administrative Areas, along with Congolese and others from neighbouring countries in Maokondo, Western Equatoria State,” he said.

Dr Athian emphasised strict measures against exam malpractice.

“It was very clear, as delivered by the Honourable Minister, that any case of malpractice will render the results null and void. We will cancel results where violations occur,” he warned.

He stated that they aim to release the results before schools reopen on 2nd February 2026.

“We will do our best, and with coordination with the Ministry of Finance to ensure timely funding, we hope to meet this schedule.”

The Vice President and Chairperson of the Service Cluster, Josephine Lagu, described the event as a symbol of national progress in education.

“It is my great honour to join you today for this important bell-ringing ceremony to officially mark the beginning of the 2025 Certificate of Primary Examinations,” she said.

She noted that this year, a total of 84,815 candidates will be sitting for the CPE examinations across the Republic of South Sudan. These candidates are drawn from 1,953 schools, and examinations will be administered in 551 centres nationwide.

“These figures reflect the continued expansion of access to education in our country and the commitments of parents, teachers, and communities to the future of our children,” she said.

She urged examination supervisors, invigilators, and security personnel to maintain integrity and professionalism throughout the process. “Let there be no room for malpractice or interference. The nation is watching and counting on you,” she stressed.

The Deputy Minister of General Education and Instruction, Martin Tako Moyi, has issued a stern warning against examination malpractice as this year’s national exams begin.

Moyi reminded candidates that last year an entire school had its results cancelled due to cheating—a decision he said could be repeated if similar misconduct occurs.

“Let this message be clear: if you cheat, you will be cheating your own future, your parents, and this country that you are supposed to lead. We are warning you not to attempt any malpractice.”

Moyi dismissed expectations of leaked papers circulating on mobile phones, insisting the examination process remains secure.

Crédito: Link de origem

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.