Top Header Ad

Unity State suspends health services in Payinjiar over security, administrative crisis

A signpost of Bentiu State Hospital, the referral facility covering Unity State. [Photo: Ministry of Health]

BENTIU – The Unity State Ministry of Health has announced the immediate suspension of health programs and financial operations in Payinjiar County, citing serious administrative breakdowns and escalating security concerns.

In an official directive issued Thursday, the State Minister of Health, Jal Puok, confirmed that the suspension takes effect immediately and will remain in force until further notice.

“This directive is effective immediately and shall remain in force until further notice,” Puok stated.

According to the minister, the decision was made after careful consideration of deteriorating administrative protocols and growing security threats that are undermining the integrity and delivery of health services in the county.

“The decision has been carefully considered following a breakdown in administrative protocols and escalating security concerns that threaten the integrity of service delivery,” he said.

Puok emphasised that the safety and well-being of government personnel and health partners operating on the ground remain the ministry’s top priority.

“Our primary priority remains the safety and well-being of government personnel and our dedicated partners on the ground,” he added.

The ministry has directed all health partners operating in Payinjiar County to strictly comply with the suspension and immediately align their activities with the new directive.

“All Health Partners operating in Payinjiar County are strictly required to observe this suspension and align their operations accordingly without delay,” the statement read.

Despite the disruption, the minister reassured the public that the Ministry of Health remains committed to restoring essential services once the prevailing administrative and security challenges are addressed in collaboration with relevant authorities.

“We will communicate further instructions once administrative and security issues are resolved in collaboration with the relevant authorities,” Puok said, while commending health workers and partners for their resilience under difficult circumstances.

Meanwhile, Simon Gatdet, Chairperson of Civil Society in Unity State and a representative of the Community Link Action and Development Organisation (CLADO), confirmed receipt of the suspension order. However, he strongly criticised the move, warning that it would have severe consequences for vulnerable residents in Payinjiar County.

“Yes, it is going to affect the community of Payinjiar County because they deserve to have services on the ground. This is a violation of human life and access to health services,” Gatdet said.

He further alleged that a similar suspension had previously been initiated by the former Director General in the Ministry of Health, Mr John Mut Bol.

Gatdet condemned the current decision, describing it as a violation of the rights of people in urgent need of medical assistance.

The suspension is expected to significantly impact access to healthcare in Payinjiar County, where many residents rely heavily on humanitarian and government-supported health programs for essential medical services.

Crédito: Link de origem

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.